Thinking about replacing the siding on your home? You’re not alone. Updating outdated siding will improve home efficiency and cost less to maintain. But with so many different options available, it can be difficult to know which type is right for your home and your climate.
Fortunately, this blog post will give you everything you need to know about choosing siding for your climate and why vinyl siding is best.
Which Siding is Best for Your Environment?
The first thing you’ll want to consider for your siding is the material. While every type of siding has its advantages, the type you choose will depend on several factors. This includes the local weather, the cost of maintenance and the look you want for your home.
For example, if you live in an area with high amounts of rainfall, you may want to consider siding that is less likely to rot. In general, the best types of siding for your environment will depend on:
- Climate: The type of weather in your area that you experience through the year.
- House style: Consider if your is modern, rustic, or something in between.
- Energy efficiency: How well the siding will retain temperature and reduce energy costs.
Vinyl Siding: An Ideal Siding Option for All Climates
What makes vinyl the ideal choice for most climates? There are several reasons, such as:
- Durability- While other siding types will often rot, rust, crack and fall apart after a few years from climate exposure. Vinyl siding will last for decades. In fact, quality vinyl siding can last for decades. Because of its durability, vinyl siding is an excellent choice for homeowners who live in areas with extreme weather.
- Energy efficiency- Another benefit of vinyl siding is that it is energy efficient. Not only does it help to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer, but it also helps to reduce your energy bills. This is because vinyl siding has an excellent R-value.
- Fire safety- Vinyl siding is Class-A fire resistant. This means that it helps slow the spread if a fire breaks out in your home.
Foam-Back Vinyl Siding Saves Energy
Insulated siding is the best way to go when you want an energy efficient home. Furthermore, insulated foam-back siding is a type is one of the best for both hot and cold climates. Not only is it easy to install, but it is also durable, energy efficient and easy to maintain.
Foam-back siding serves as a blanketing layer for your home. It prevents energy loss through the wood studs, which is where 25+% of your home’s energy is lost. Therefore, insulated vinyl siding is ideal for nearly all climates in America.
There are many siding options to choose from. When you need the right siding choice for your climate, invest in vinyl siding from Royal Home Improvements. Contact us today for a free estimate.