Let’s hope you don’t need your generator this winter, but if you do, here are some tips on how to make sure it’s ready for cold weather!
- Drain all fuel when not using. If you keep fuel, make sure it is changed every few months when you run it
- Change the oil every time you add fuel
- Inspect filters and plugs regularly
- Run your generator every few months to ensure the electric starter is working order
- Keep your generator in a clean, dry area that’s easily accessible in case you lose power